LAMINATE & PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS IN VIETNAM
1. WHAT ARE LAMINATE / PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
Laminate or porcelain dental veneers are thin pieces of material (0.3 to 0.5 mm) that are placed on the outer surface of your teeth, helping you to achieve the desired aesthetic.
They’re essentially fresh aesthetically pleasing layers that look completely natural.
Dental veneers do not require intense teeth grinding as crowns typically do, therefore you might not require root canal treatment and could keep as much of your original teeth as possible.
Porcelain dental veneers have become one of the most popular restorative dentistry solutions, not only in Asia but also other developed countries such as the US, UK, Australia and certain countries across Europe.
2. WHICH CASE IS SUITABLE FOR LAMINATE / PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
- Stained teeth are not too severe
- Small teeth, teeth are sparse.
- Decayed tooth
- Cracked teeth
- Other abnormal defects of the teeth
3. WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF LAMINATE / PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
- Correcting common defects of teeth such as spoilt, sparse, small teeth, decay, chipped, tilted, discoloured
- Create natural beauty and provide the same durability as real teeth
- Minimises the impact on tooth enamel (less grinding of tooth enamel)
- Often not requiring additional root canal treatments
- Higher cost
- Often a rare technique requires doctors to be highly skilled
- Limited applicability (not as widely used as crowns)
4. WHICH MATERIAL IS USED TO PRODUCE PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
At Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Centre, we use Emax – imported directly from Europe – to produce porcelain dental veneers in Vietnam, because:
Its hardness is very similar to real teeth as well as colour and light reflection.
5. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?
The procedure for laminate / porcelain dental veneers fluctuates depending on the scope of the procedure. On average, each case of laminate / porcelain dental veneer (5-10 units) requires approximately 5-7 days, including 4-5 appointments.
Appointment 1: Examination (taking X-rays if needed) and making treatment plan. Teeth cleaning, taking impression for Smile Design.
Appointment 2: Preparation, taking impressions for study cast and place temporary fixtures
Appointment 3-4: Try-in and installation
Appointment 4-5: Re-examination and adjustment (if needed)
It is recommended that patients have re-examination every 6 months, either at our centre or with any local dentist.
6. PRICE TABLE FOR TREATMENTS
|Veneer Type||Price per unit||Warranty|
|Emax veneer||$350 USD||10 years|
|Ultrathin veneer||$375 USD||10 years|
7. WARRANTY POLICY
At Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Centre, we have 10-year warranty policy for laminate / porcelain dental veneer placement at our centre.
An example of the warrantee card issued to patients.
Conditions and Requirement
Warranty will be reduced or voided for:
- Diseases caused by poor post-procedure dental hygiene.
- Damage being caused by extreme stress (grinding at night, grip of the teeth).
- Patients do not follow dentists’ post-procedure home care instructions properly.
- Patients do not re-visit for check-ups and cleanings.
8. EXAMPLES FROM DR. HUNG & ASSOCIATES DENTAL CENTRE
9. WHY CHOOSING DR. HUNG & ASSOCIATES DENTAL CENTER?
Expertise & Experience: Hung is one of the best experts in implant and cosmetic dentistry with over 20 years of experience and is an active member of many professional associations (See more). We have a team of specialised experts in different fields including dental implants, oral surgery, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, etc.
Most advanced technological equipment: We are the only dental hospital in Vietnam equipped with a CT Cone Beam, Panorex, radiography, and electrocardiogram system.
Sedation dentistry: Sedative therapies are used to help you feel relaxed and comfortable during the treatment.
Optimal quality: Eight specialized dental department means you could get all the required services at one time. We guarantee the best treatment result at a very reasonable cost, with warranty policy lasting up to a lifetime.
Global ranking: Hung & Associates Dental Hospital is listed as the #1 dental hospital in Vietnam. Our level of expertise, facilities, services and patient responses have proven to be well above current international clinic standards.