CROWN AND VENEER HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Your porcelain veneers are only as strong as the teeth they are adhered to, and protecting your natural teeth is part of insuring the long life of your crown/veneer. The crown/veneer won’t decay, but your natural tooth will. And the gums surrounding your crown/veneer need to be taken care of as well, to prevent them from receding. The crown/veneer ends right at the gum line, so any gum recession will create a gap, which cause sensitivity and ruin the aesthetic. After having crown/veneer, you need to follow these instructions:
Do not rip or tear with your teeth, such as biting nails or opening bags.
Avoid biting on ice, bone and other hard items.
Avoid movement that twists or pulls veneers away from the natural tooth (for example biting an apple).
If you grind your teeth regularly, wear mouth guard every night.
Floss and brush at least twice a day.
Most crowns and bridges have a ceramic outer layer or are all-ceramic. These materials are very strong, however they still have potential to fracture the same as a natural tooth. As a rule of thumb, don’t do anything with a crown or bridge that could damage a natural tooth.
Fixed bridges require addition cleaning under the pontic (Missing tooth). Since this “False tooth” is connected to the adjacent teeth a bridge threader should be used to thread floss under it to remove plaque. These are readily available at most pharmacies.
Visit your dentist for check-up and cleaning every six months (please send us record of these visits so we have it for our file). To maintain long lasting results, it’s best that you come back for check-up and Xray at our hospital once a year as we have the right tools and technology for proper check-up and cleaning.
We will repair and/or replace any problems with your crown/veneer/bridge completely free of charge given that:
- The restoration is cracked, chipped or fallen out due to materials or problems during implant placement and prosthesis procedure.
- Repair or replacement is done at Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center, now Worldwide Dental & Cosmetic Surgery Hospital (Address: 244A Cong Quynh St, District 1, HCMC, Vietnam).
- We are not responsible for any payment should you choose to have repair/replacement done at another clinic/center.
- Airfare, accommodation and other transportation costs are NOT included.
At Dr. Hung & Associates Dental Center, we apply the 5-15 year warranty (depending on the material chosen) policy for crown/veneer/bridge placement at our hospital.
Warranty cards at our hospital
Conditions and Requirement
Dental warranty will be reduced or voided for:
- Diseases caused by poor post-procedure dental hygiene.
- Damages caused by extreme stress (grinding at night).
- Damages caused by chewing on hard food.
- Patients do not follow dentists’ post-procedure home care instructions
- Patients do not re-visit for dental check-ups and cleanings.